• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

SVT ablation surgery - anyone have it?

T

thisisausername

so i am scheduled to get an svt ablation surgery in about two weeks. ive been living with the heart palpitations and crazy svt episodes for a few years now, cant take it anymore so i'm getting the ablation. (fyi: svt is an arrythmia of the heart - its when the top ventricle of your heart sometimes sets off a chain reaction of extremely fast heartbeats, sometimes makes you black out or short of breath)

anyone here have that surgery? its pretty common. anyway since i started having the svt attacks a few years ago, i just haven't really been able to enjoy stimulants or weed as much as i used to, obviously since they're speeding up my heart rate. they usually just end up triggering the svt. its a bummer cuz those are my fave drugs to do, and i have had to lay off of them for so long.

does anyone here have any experience with svt (or other arrythmias) or getting the ablation surgery, do you think this means i will be able to enjoy some stimulants or weed again?

---> hl

(I'm not sure if that's the best forum, please move if it isn't.)

If you're having arrythmia of any sort, you really really shouldn't be taking stims other than maybe a little coffee. Your heart is not at 100% to start with, and you're trying to overdrive it-- that won't likely end well.

I've not heard of this treatment, but ablation implies that they're going to fry the surface of something with a laser. What is that supposed to accomplish? How?